I love to play the piano.

Thursday 25 February 2010

Weather = dull

I don't mean to rant but this weather is really starting to tick me off. As I look out of my window across to the delightful terraced houses straight opposite me, which is not exactly the most picturesque view anyway, but it is somehow made even worse with the enormous grey cloud hanging over. Not to mention the odd spouts of rain we have been getting all day - oh how I love England (which I know deep down I really do). From looking outside to looking in, my room is not much better. Sure there are the odd bright bits of clothing poking out from my wardrobe and the photos that are decoratively situated on my walls but the main thing that is missing is my lovely pink orchid.

Now might be the time to explain that orchid's don't seem to like me very much, I had a white one last year and I killed it. Well, I still choose to blame it on the freezing temperature my room drops to through the Winter. I thought I might have better luck with a second one, only this time it is a gorgeous pinky/purpley colour AND I didn't kill it!! But then winter came and the buds dropped off, leaving a very poorly looking pot of bark and since then I have been longing for it to bloom again.

Hopefully in the next month or so (or at least when winter ends) it will begin to bloom. I realise this is not the most interesting of topics but I am very fond of my orchid and am looking forward to its return.


Elsewhere in my life, things are still busy busy but have had a really successful week workwise. Our production project is well under way and we are currently organising a workshop for creative/media students at uni, although trying to bring in social media professionals and the like at a cheap cost is proving challenging. Negotiating is what it's all about and by the end of this project I will be a pro I'm sure of it!

Ooh and I sent an application off today to Lexis PR for their Generation Xpert scheme they run. It is a chance for graduates to experience the working world of PR for 6 months, training and building on our experience. It is based in London and I really like the idea of living in London for a bit. So we shall see what happens with that one.

Phew, this is it now...no more work for me today, I am getting far too excited about my friend Becki coming to visit this weekend! Need to start thinking about what we can do, other than the usual adventures consisting of shopping, drinks and the token visit to Pizza Express (one of my faves).

Good times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment