I love to play the piano.

Thursday 11 February 2010

New found love

Ok so I think I may have found a new love, the ballet! I went with the girlies to see Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake last night at the Hippodrome and it was just amaaaaaazing. It was my first experience of the ballet and so wasn't too sure what to expect but it was simply brill. The way they can dance makes me want to dance...although somehow I don't think I will be quite as good as them, not far off though.

Here is a sneaky peak at what we had the delight of watching...oooh the swans, looking mighty fine with their muscular frames.

http://www.birminghamhippodrome.com/mediacentre.asp?videoID=80&showid=1633

Yes, that was a great way to spend a Wednesday night. That was just another occasion that's added to a pretty cultural week really. On Monday we visited the art gallery to take a look at the Bridget Riley exhibition. There was some great artwork there but it made my eyes go really funny, the lines and shapes, mixed with the colours play really weird tricks on you. Because of that I didn't last too long looking round as I could barely see. On the positive side her work is really interesting and makes me feel a little more educated about the art world which is always a plus.

In other news, I have come across a great band that I recommend you seek out called Animal Kingdom. They are kind of indie esq. and a bit of something else but I'm not sure what, ok maybe just listen to their new song which is a lot more mellow than others - an easy listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za48fgTR5zg

I found them out through some work I'm doing for Blue Whale Studios, a music production company at The Custard Factory. I'm interviewing bands that have upcoming gigs in Birmingham and then writing up an article which is posted on The Blue Whale Blog, http://bluewhalestudios.wordpress.com/ to give the bands some extra promotion.

It's quite exciting because I've not really done music promotion before so it's something new and it's keeping up with the old experience for the CV! AND I can get free tickets to the gigs, which I may well be taking advantage of. All is well really.

I could go on to talk about all the work I am busy doing, but I'll save that interesting info for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh and I'm still learning how to embed videos into my posts so this will improve, I hope.

    ReplyDelete